When printing in color or a photographic reproduction, selecting a coated gloss or matte coating is usually a safe choice, there is a trend toward uncoated papers, but be aware that there will be more ink absorbed into the sheet, and colors may not print with the same brightness and contrast, as with a coated paper stock.
Our most popular paper stocks (and suggested uses) include:
- 100# Cover – Glossy cover stock; or 100# Go Green™ – Gloss Cover (10% post consumer waste and 30% recycled): Great for heavyweight brochures and covers on catalogs.
- 100# Text – Glossy text stock; or 100# Go Green™ Gloss Text (10% post consumer waste and 30% recycled): Great for standard brochures and flyers.
- 14pt. C2S – Glossy coated stock; or 14pt C2S Go Green™ Gloss Cover (10% post consumer waste and 30% recycled): The ‘C2S’ means coated on two sides. Great for thicker business cards or Presentation Folders.
- 70# Uncoated Text – Uncoated bond stock; or 70# Go Green™ Uncoated Text (10% post consumer waste and 30% recycled): Great for letterhead and envelopes.
- 110# Classic Crest – Uncoated cover stock or 110# Go Green™ Classic Crest Cover (10% post consumer waste and 30% recycled): We only offer business cards on this paper.
The best way to determine which paper stock and coating to select would be to view our printed samples. 40offset customers may order a Sample Kit by going to our homepage and clicking on the “Samples” button.